Scrabble word: STEP
In which Scrabble dictionary does STEP exist?
Definitions of STEP in dictionaries:
- noun - any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal
- noun - the distance covered by a step
- noun - the act of changing location by raising the foot and setting it down
- noun - support consisting of a place to rest the foot while ascending or descending a stairway
- noun - relative position in a graded series
- noun - a short distance
- noun - the sound of a step of someone walking
- noun - a musical interval of two semitones
- noun - a mark of a foot or shoe on a surface
- noun - a solid block joined to the beams in which the heel of a ship's mast or capstan is fixed
- noun - a sequence of foot movements that make up a particular dance
- verb - shift or move by taking a step
- verb - put down or press the foot, place the foot
- verb - cause (a computer) to execute a single command
- verb - treat badly
- verb - furnish with steps
- verb - move with one's feet in a specific manner
- verb - walk a short distance to a specified place or in a specified manner
- verb - place (a ship's mast) in its step
- verb - measure (distances) by pacing
- verb - move or proceed as if by steps into a new situation
- The single complete movement of raising one foot and putting it down in another spot, as in walking.
- A manner of walking; a particular gait.
- A fixed rhythm or pace, as in marching: keep step.
- The sound of a footstep.
- A footprint: steps in the mud.
- The distance traversed by moving one foot ahead of the other.
- A very short distance: just a step away.
- A rest for the foot in ascending or descending.
- Something, such as a ledge or an offset, that resembles a step of a stairway.
- One of a series of actions, processes, or measures taken to achieve a goal.
- A stage in a process: followed every step in the instructions.
- A degree in progress or a grade or rank in a scale: a step up in the corporate hierarchy.
- The interval that separates two successive tones of a scale.
- The block in which the heel of a mast is fixed.
- To put or press the foot: step on the gas.
- To shift or move slightly by taking a step or two: step back.
- To walk a short distance to a specified place or in a specified direction: step over to the corner.
- To move with the feet in a particular manner: step lively.
- To move into a new situation by or as if by taking a single step: stepping into a life of ease.
- To treat with arrogant indifference: He is always stepping on other people.
- To put or set (the foot) down: step foot on land.
- To measure by pacing: step off ten yards.
- To furnish with steps; make steps in: terraces that are stepped along the hillside.
- To cause (a computer) to execute a single instruction.
- To place (a mast) in its step.
- To resign from a high post.
- To reduce, especially in stages: stepping down the electric power.
- To enter into an activity or a situation.
- To intervene.
- To walk briskly.
- To go outside for a short time.
- To go out for a special evening of entertainment.
- To withdraw; quit.
- To increase, especially in stages: step up production.
- To come forward: step up and be counted.
- Moving in rhythm.
- In conformity with one’s environment: in step with the times.
- Not moving in rhythm: recruits marching out of step.
- To go faster; hurry.
- verb - to move by lifting the foot and setting it down in another place
There are 4 letters in STEP: E P S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STEP
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STEP plus a wildcard: STEP?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STEP
Images for STEP
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.