Scrabble word: STAPLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STAPLE exist?
Definitions of STAPLE in dictionaries:
- noun - (usually plural) a necessary commodity for which demand is constant
- noun - a natural fiber (raw cotton, wool, hemp, flax) that can be twisted to form yarn
- noun - material suitable for manufacture or use or finishing
- noun - a short U-shaped wire nail for securing cables
- noun - paper fastener consisting of a short length of U-shaped wire that can fasten papers together
- verb - secure or fasten with a staple or staples
- adj - necessary or important, especially regarding food or commodities
- A principal raw material or commodity grown or produced in a region.
- A major item of trade in steady demand.
- A basic dietary item, such as flour, rice, or corn.
- A basic or principal element or feature.
- The fiber of cotton, wool, or flax, graded as to length and fineness.
- Produced or stocked in large quantities to meet steady demand: Wheat is a staple crop.
- Principal; main: a staple topic of conversation.
- A U-shaped metal loop with pointed ends, driven into a surface to hold a bolt, hook, or hasp or to hold wiring in place.
- A thin piece of wire in the shape of a square bracket that is driven by a device through sheets of paper or similar material and flattened to serve as a fastening.
- verb - to fasten by means of a U-shaped metal loop