Scrabble word: SLAP
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLAP exist?
Definitions of SLAP in dictionaries:
- noun - a blow from a flat object (as an open hand)
- noun - the act of smacking something
- verb - hit with something flat, like a paddle or the open hand
- adv - directly
- A sharp blow made with the open hand or with a flat object; a smack.
- The sound of such a blow.
- A sharp insult: a slap to one’s pride.
- To strike with a flat object, such as the palm of the hand.
- To cause to strike sharply and loudly: slapping the sticks together.
- To put or place with a loud sharp sound: “He took a clipping from his wallet and slapped it on the bar” (Nathanael West).
- To strike or beat with the force and sound of a slap: waves slapping against the raft.
- To restrain or correct by means of a sharp blow or emphatic censure: “thought [he] was getting a little uppity and needed to be slapped down” (New York Times).
- To put a sudden end to; suppress: slap down divisive criticism.
- verb - to strike with the open hand