Scrabble word: LAPSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LAPSE exist?
Definitions of LAPSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a mistake resulting from inattention
- noun - a break or intermission in the occurrence of something
- noun - a failure to maintain a higher state
- verb - pass into a specified state or condition
- verb - end, at least for a long time
- verb - drop to a lower level, as in one's morals or standards
- verb - go back to bad behavior
- verb - let slip
- verb - pass by
- To fall from a previous level or standard, as of accomplishment, quality, or conduct: lapse into bad habits; a team that lapsed into mediocrity halfway through the season.
- To deviate from a prescribed or accepted way: lapse into heresy.
- To pass gradually or smoothly; slip: lapse into reverie.
- To come to an end, especially gradually or temporarily: He realized that his attention had lapsed and he hadn’t heard the assignment.
- To be no longer valid or active; expire: She allowed her membership to lapse after the first year.
- To pass to another through neglect or omission.
- To allow to lapse.
- A usually minor or temporary failure; a slip: a lapse of memory; a lapse in judgment.
- A deterioration or decline: a lapse into barbarism.
- A moral fall: a lapse from grace.
- A break in continuity; a pause: a lapse in the conversation.
- A period of time; an interval: a lapse of several years between the two revolutions.
- The termination of a right or privilege through disuse, neglect, or death.
- adj - to fall from a previous standard [v LAPSED, LAPSING, LAPSES] : LAPSABLE, LAPSIBLE