Scrabble word: LAPSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LAPSE exist?
Definitions of LAPSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a mistake resulting from inattention
- noun - a break or intermission in the occurrence of something
- noun - a failure to maintain a higher state
- verb - pass into a specified state or condition
- verb - end, at least for a long time
- verb - drop to a lower level, as in one's morals or standards
- verb - go back to bad behavior
- verb - let slip
- verb - pass by
- To fall from a previous level or standard, as of accomplishment, quality, or conduct: lapse into bad habits; a team that lapsed into mediocrity halfway through the season.
- To deviate from a prescribed or accepted way: lapse into heresy.
- To pass gradually or smoothly; slip: lapse into reverie.
- To come to an end, especially gradually or temporarily: He realized that his attention had lapsed and he hadn’t heard the assignment.
- To be no longer valid or active; expire: She allowed her membership to lapse after the first year.
- To pass to another through neglect or omission.
- To allow to lapse.
- A usually minor or temporary failure; a slip: a lapse of memory; a lapse in judgment.
- A deterioration or decline: a lapse into barbarism.
- A moral fall: a lapse from grace.
- A break in continuity; a pause: a lapse in the conversation.
- A period of time; an interval: a lapse of several years between the two revolutions.
- The termination of a right or privilege through disuse, neglect, or death.
- adj - to fall from a previous standard [v LAPSED, LAPSING, LAPSES] : LAPSABLE, LAPSIBLE
There are 5 letters in LAPSE: A E L P S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LAPSE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LAPSE plus a wildcard: LAPSE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LAPSE
Images for LAPSE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.