Scrabble word: PLEASE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLEASE exist?
Definitions of PLEASE in dictionaries:
- verb - give pleasure to or be pleasing to
- verb - be the will of or have the will (to)
- verb - give satisfaction
- adv - used in polite request
- To give enjoyment, pleasure, or satisfaction to; make glad or contented.
- To be the will or desire of: May it please the court to admit this firearm as evidence.
- To give satisfaction or pleasure; be agreeable: waiters who try hard to please.
- To have the will or desire; wish: Do as you please.
- If it is your desire or pleasure; if you please.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to give pleasure to”: was pleased by their success; a gift that would delight any child; praise that gladdens the spirit; progress that gratified all concerned; compliments that tickle their vanity.
- verb - to give enjoyment or satisfaction to