Scrabble word: PEEL
In which Scrabble dictionary does PEEL exist?
Definitions of PEEL in dictionaries:
- noun - British politician (1788-1850)
- noun - the rind of a fruit or vegetable
- verb - strip the skin off
- verb - come off in flakes or thin small pieces
- verb - get undressed
- To strip or cut away the skin, rind, or bark from; pare.
- To strip away; pull off: peeled the label from the jar.
- To lose or shed skin, bark, or other covering.
- To come off in thin strips or pieces, as bark, skin, or paint: Her sunburned skin began to peel.
- To remove one’s clothes; undress.
- To leave flight formation in order to land or make a dive.
- Old English pilian (both from Latin pil7re, to deprive of hair, from pilus, hair) and from Old French pillier, to tug, pull, plunder (from Latin pilleum, felt cap).
- A long-handled, shovellike tool used by bakers to move bread or pastries into and out of an oven.
- A T-shaped pole used for hanging up freshly printed sheets of paper to dry.
- A fortified house or tower of a kind constructed in the borderland of Scotland and England in the 16th century.
- adj - to strip off an outer covering of [v -ED, -ING, -S] : PEELABLE