Scrabble word: REPEL
In which Scrabble dictionary does REPEL exist?
Definitions of REPEL in dictionaries:
- verb - cause to move back by force or influence
- verb - be repellent to
- verb - force or drive back
- verb - reject outright and bluntly
- verb - fill with distaste
- To ward off or keep away; drive back: repel insects.
- To offer resistance to; fight against: repel an invasion.
- To refuse to accept; reject: a company that was trying to repel a hostile takeover.
- To turn away from; spurn.
- To be resistant to; be incapable of absorbing or mixing with: Oil repels water.
- To present an opposing force to; push back or away by a force: Electric charges of the same sign repel one another.
- To offer a resistant force to something.
- To cause aversion or distaste: behavior that repels.
- verb - to drive back