Scrabble word: REEL
In which Scrabble dictionary does REEL exist?
Definitions of REEL in dictionaries:
- noun - a roll of photographic film holding a series of frames to be projected by a movie projector
- noun - music composed for dancing a reel
- noun - winder consisting of a revolving spool with a handle
- noun - a winder around which thread or tape or film or other flexible materials can be wound
- noun - a lively dance of Scottish Highlanders
- noun - an American country dance which starts with the couples facing each other in two lines
- verb - walk as if unable to control one's movements
- verb - revolve quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis
- verb - wind onto or off a reel
- A device, such as a cylinder, spool, or frame, that turns on an axis and is used for winding and storing rope, tape, film, or other flexible materials.
- A cylindrical device attached to a fishing rod to let out or wind up the line.
- The quantity of wire, film, or other material wound on one reel.
- A set of curved lawn-mower blades that rotate around a bar parallel to the ground, cutting grass while moving against a stationary straight blade.
- To wind on or let out from a reel.
- To recover by winding on a reel: reel in a large fish.
- To be thrown off balance or fall back: reeled from the sharp blow.
- To stagger, lurch, or sway, as from drunkenness: reeled down the alley.
- To go round and round in a whirling motion: gulls reeling and diving.
- To cause to reel.
- A staggering, swaying, or whirling movement.
- A fast dance of Scottish origin.
- The Virginia reel.
- The music for one of these dances.
- A hand-held hammer used in a quarry for shaping granite blocks.
- adj - to wind on a type of rotary device [v -ED, -ING, -S] : REELABLE