Scrabble word: PEER
In which Scrabble dictionary does PEER exist?
Definitions of PEER in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
- noun - a nobleman (duke or marquis or earl or viscount or baron) who is a member of the British peerage
- verb - look searchingly
- To look intently, searchingly, or with difficulty.
- To be partially visible; show: The moon peered from behind dark clouds.
- A person who has equal standing with another or others, as in rank, class, or age: children who are easily influenced by their peers.
- A nobleman.
- A man who holds a peerage by descent or appointment.
- A companion; a fellow: “To stray away into these forests drear,/Alone, without a peer” (John Keats).
- verb - to look narrowly or searchingly