Scrabble word: SLEEP
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLEEP exist?
Definitions of SLEEP in dictionaries:
- noun - a natural and periodic state of rest during which consciousness of the world is suspended
- noun - a torpid state resembling deep sleep
- noun - a period of time spent sleeping
- noun - euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb)
- verb - be asleep
- verb - be able to accommodate for sleeping
- A natural, periodic state of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli.
- A period of this form of rest.
- A state of inactivity resembling or suggesting sleep, unconsciousness, dormancy, hibernation, or death.
- The folding together of leaflets or petals at night or in the absence of light.
- To be in the state of sleep or to fall asleep.
- To be in a condition resembling sleep.
- To pass or get rid of by sleeping: slept away the day; went home to sleep off the headache.
- To be sexually active with more than one partner.
- To sleep at one’s place of employment: a butler and a chauffeur who sleep in.
- To oversleep: I missed the morning train because I slept in.
- To sleep late on purpose: After this week’s work, I will sleep in on Saturday.
- To sleep at one’s own home, not at one’s place of employment.
- To consider something overnight before deciding.
- verb - to be in a natural, periodic state of rest