Scrabble word: SALT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SALT exist?
Definitions of SALT in dictionaries:
- noun - a compound formed by replacing hydrogen in an acid by a metal (or a radical that acts like a metal)
- noun - white crystalline form of especially sodium chloride used to season and preserve food
- noun - negotiations between the United States and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics opened in 1969 in Helsinki designed to limit both countries' stock of nuclear weapons
- noun - the taste experience when common salt is taken into the mouth
- verb - add salt to
- verb - sprinkle as if with salt
- verb - add zest or liveliness to
- verb - preserve with salt
- adj - (of speech) painful or bitter
- A colorless or white crystalline solid, chiefly sodium chloride, used extensively as a food seasoning and preservative.
- A chemical compound formed by replacing all or part of the hydrogen ions of an acid with metal ions or electropositive radicals.
- An element that gives flavor or zest.
- Sharp, lively wit.
- A sailor, especially when old or experienced.
- A saltcellar.
- Containing or filled with salt: a salt spray; salt tears.
- Having a salty taste or smell: breathed the salt air.
- Preserved in salt or a salt solution: salt mackerel.
- Flooded with seawater.
- Found in or near such a flooded area: salt grasses — v.
- To add, treat, season, or sprinkle with salt.
- To cure or preserve by treating with salt or a salt solution.
- To provide salt for (deer or cattle).
- To add zest or liveliness to: salt a lecture with anecdotes.
- To give an appearance of value to by fraudulent means, especially to place valuable minerals in (a mine) for the purpose of deceiving.
- adj - tasting of or containing salt
- verb - to treat with salt (a crystalline compound used as a seasoning and preservative)