Scrabble word: STALL
In which Scrabble dictionary does STALL exist?
Definitions of STALL in dictionaries:
- noun - a compartment in a stable where a single animal is confined and fed
- noun - small area set off by walls for special use
- noun - a booth where articles are displayed for sale
- noun - a malfunction in the flight of an aircraft in which there is a sudden loss of lift that results in a downward plunge
- noun - seating in the forward part of the main level of a theater
- noun - small individual study area in a library
- noun - a tactic used to mislead or delay
- verb - postpone doing what one should be doing
- verb - come to a stop
- verb - deliberately delay an event or action
- verb - put into, or keep in, a stall
- verb - experience a stall in flight, of airplanes
- verb - cause an airplane to go into a stall
- verb - cause an engine to stop
- A compartment for one domestic animal in a barn or shed.
- A booth, cubicle, or stand used by a vendor, as at a market.
- A small compartment: a shower stall.
- An enclosed seat in the chancel of a church.
- A pew in a church.
- A seat in the front part of a theater.
- A space marked off, as in a garage, for parking a motor vehicle.
- A protective sheath for a finger or toe.
- The sudden, unintended loss of power or effectiveness in an engine.
- A condition in which an aircraft or airfoil experiences an interruption of airflow resulting in loss of lift and a tendency to drop.
- To put or lodge in a stall.
- To maintain in a stall for fattening: to stall cattle.
- To check the motion or progress of; bring to a standstill.
- To cause (an engine) accidentally to stop running.
- To cause (an aircraft) to go into a stall.
- To live or be lodged in a stall.
- To stick fast in mud or snow.
- To come to a standstill: Negotiations stalled.
- To stop running as a result of mechanical failure: The car stalled on the freeway.
- To lose forward flying speed, causing a stall.
- To employ delaying tactics against: stall off creditors.
- verb - to stop the progress of