Scrabble word: STALL
In which Scrabble dictionary does STALL exist?
Definitions of STALL in dictionaries:
- noun - a compartment in a stable where a single animal is confined and fed
- noun - small area set off by walls for special use
- noun - a booth where articles are displayed for sale
- noun - a malfunction in the flight of an aircraft in which there is a sudden loss of lift that results in a downward plunge
- noun - seating in the forward part of the main level of a theater
- noun - small individual study area in a library
- noun - a tactic used to mislead or delay
- verb - postpone doing what one should be doing
- verb - come to a stop
- verb - deliberately delay an event or action
- verb - put into, or keep in, a stall
- verb - experience a stall in flight, of airplanes
- verb - cause an airplane to go into a stall
- verb - cause an engine to stop
- A compartment for one domestic animal in a barn or shed.
- A booth, cubicle, or stand used by a vendor, as at a market.
- A small compartment: a shower stall.
- An enclosed seat in the chancel of a church.
- A pew in a church.
- A seat in the front part of a theater.
- A space marked off, as in a garage, for parking a motor vehicle.
- A protective sheath for a finger or toe.
- The sudden, unintended loss of power or effectiveness in an engine.
- A condition in which an aircraft or airfoil experiences an interruption of airflow resulting in loss of lift and a tendency to drop.
- To put or lodge in a stall.
- To maintain in a stall for fattening: to stall cattle.
- To check the motion or progress of; bring to a standstill.
- To cause (an engine) accidentally to stop running.
- To cause (an aircraft) to go into a stall.
- To live or be lodged in a stall.
- To stick fast in mud or snow.
- To come to a standstill: Negotiations stalled.
- To stop running as a result of mechanical failure: The car stalled on the freeway.
- To lose forward flying speed, causing a stall.
- To employ delaying tactics against: stall off creditors.
- verb - to stop the progress of
There are 5 letters in STALL: A L L S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STALL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STALL plus a wildcard: STALL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STALL
Images for STALL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.