Scrabble word: LATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LATE exist?
Definitions of LATE in dictionaries:
- adj - being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time
- adj - after the expected or usual time
- adj - of the immediate past or just previous to the present time
- adj - having died recently
- adj - of a later stage in the development of a language or literature
- adj - at or toward an end or late period or stage of development
- adj - (used especially of persons) of the immediate past
- adv - later than usual or than expected
- adv - to an advanced time
- adv - at an advanced age or stage
- adv - in the recent past
- See Synonyms at tardy.
- Beginning after or continuing past the usual or expected hour: a late breakfast; a late meeting.
- Occurring at an advanced hour, especially well into the evening or night: a late movie on television; the late flight to Denver.
- Of or toward the end or more advanced part, as of a period or stage: the late 19th century; a later symptom of the disease.
- Having begun or occurred just previous to the present time; recent: a late development.
- Contemporary; upto-date: the latest fashion.
- Having recently occupied a position or place: the company’s late president gave the address.
- Dead, especially if only recently deceased: in memory of the late explorer.
- After the expected, usual, or proper time: a train that arrived late; woke late and had to skip breakfast.
- At or until an advanced hour: talked late into the evening.
- At or into an advanced period or stage: a project undertaken late in her career.
- It is technically correct to use a phrase such as our late treasurer to refer to a person who is still alive but who no longer holds the relevant post, but the use of former in this context will ensure that no embarrassing misunderstanding is created.
- adj - coming or occurring after the expected time