Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: LATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LATE exist?
Definitions of LATE in dictionaries:
- adj - being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time
- adj - after the expected or usual time
- adj - of the immediate past or just previous to the present time
- adj - having died recently
- adj - of a later stage in the development of a language or literature
- adj - at or toward an end or late period or stage of development
- adj - (used especially of persons) of the immediate past
- adv - later than usual or than expected
- adv - to an advanced time
- adv - at an advanced age or stage
- adv - in the recent past
- See Synonyms at tardy.
- Beginning after or continuing past the usual or expected hour: a late breakfast; a late meeting.
- Occurring at an advanced hour, especially well into the evening or night: a late movie on television; the late flight to Denver.
- Of or toward the end or more advanced part, as of a period or stage: the late 19th century; a later symptom of the disease.
- Having begun or occurred just previous to the present time; recent: a late development.
- Contemporary; upto-date: the latest fashion.
- Having recently occupied a position or place: the company’s late president gave the address.
- Dead, especially if only recently deceased: in memory of the late explorer.
- After the expected, usual, or proper time: a train that arrived late; woke late and had to skip breakfast.
- At or until an advanced hour: talked late into the evening.
- At or into an advanced period or stage: a project undertaken late in her career.
- It is technically correct to use a phrase such as our late treasurer to refer to a person who is still alive but who no longer holds the relevant post, but the use of former in this context will ensure that no embarrassing misunderstanding is created.
- adj - coming or occurring after the expected time
There are 4 letters in LATE: A E L T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LATE plus a wildcard: LATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LATE
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for LATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.