Scrabble word: TRAP
In which Scrabble dictionary does TRAP exist?
Definitions of TRAP in dictionaries:
- noun - a device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned
- noun - drain consisting of a U-shaped section of drainpipe that holds liquid and so prevents a return flow of sewer gas
- noun - something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares
- noun - a device to hurl clay pigeons into the air for trapshooters
- noun - the act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise
- noun - informal terms for the mouth
- noun - a light two-wheeled carriage
- noun - a hazard on a golf course
- verb - place in a confining or embarrassing position
- verb - catch in or as if in a trap
- verb - hold or catch as if in a trap
- verb - to hold fast or prevent from moving
- A contrivance for catching and holding animals, as a concealed pit or a clamplike device that springs shut suddenly.
- A stratagem for catching or tricking an unwary person.
- A device for sealing a passage against the escape of gases, especially a U-shaped or S-shaped bend in a drainpipe that prevents the return flow of sewer gas by means of a water barrier.
- A device that hurls clay pigeons into the air in trapshooting.
- A land hazard or bunker on a golf course; a sand trap.
- A light two-wheeled carriage with springs.
- Percussion instruments, such as snare drums and cymbals, especially in a jazz band.
- The human mouth.
- To catch in or as if in a trap; ensnare.
- To place in a confining or embarrassing position.
- To seal off (gases) by a trap.
- To furnish with traps or a trap.
- To set traps for game.
- To engage in trapping furbearing animals.
- Personal belongings or household goods.
- Any of several dark, fine-grained igneous rocks often used in making roads.
- verb - to catch in a trap (a device for capturing and holding animals)