Scrabble word: TAPER
In which Scrabble dictionary does TAPER exist?
Definitions of TAPER in dictionaries:
- noun - a convex shape that narrows toward a point
- noun - the property possessed by a shape that narrows toward a point (as a wedge or cone)
- noun - a loosely woven cord (in a candle or oil lamp) that draws fuel by capillary action up into the flame
- noun - stick of wax with a wick in the middle
- verb - diminish gradually
- verb - give a point to
- A small or very slender candle.
- A long wax-coated wick used to light candles or gas lamps.
- A source of feeble light.
- A gradual decrease in thickness or width of an elongated object.
- A gradual decrease, as in action or force.
- To become gradually narrower or thinner toward one end.
- To diminish or lessen gradually.
- To make thinner or narrower at one end.
- To make smaller gradually.
- verb - to become gradually narrower toward one end