Scrabble word: PARENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PARENT exist?
Definitions of PARENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a father or mother
- noun - an organism (plant or animal) from which younger ones are obtained
- verb - bring up
- One who begets, gives birth to, or nurtures and raises a child; a father or a mother.
- An ancestor; a progenitor.
- An organism that produces or generates offspring.
- A guardian; a protector.
- A source or cause; an origin: Despair is the parent of rebellion.
- To act as a parent to; raise and nurture: “A genitor who does not parent the child is not its parent” (Ashley Montagu).
- To act as a parent.
- verb - to exercise the functions of a parent (a father or mother)