Scrabble word: ANTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ANTE exist?
Definitions of ANTE in dictionaries:
- noun - (poker) the initial contribution that each player makes to the pot
- verb - place one's stake
- The stake that each poker player must put into the pool before receiving a hand or before receiving new cards.
- A price to be paid, especially as one’s share; cost: “Whether they could actually turn back Soviet policy depended on many factors that Moscow might yet choose to test by upping the ante” (Foreign Affairs).
- To put (one’s stake) into the pool in poker.
- To pay up.
- verb - to put a fixed stake into the pot before the cards are dealt in poker