Scrabble word: PLEAD
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLEAD exist?
Definitions of PLEAD in dictionaries:
- verb - appeal or request earnestly
- verb - offer as an excuse or plea
- verb - enter a plea, as in courts of law
- verb - make an allegation in an action or other legal proceeding, especially answer the previous pleading of the other party by denying facts therein stated or by alleging new facts
- To appeal earnestly; beg: plead for more time.
- To offer reasons for or against something; argue earnestly: plead against a bill.
- To provide an argument or appeal: Your youth and simplicity plead for you in this instance.
- To put forward a plea of a specific nature in court: plead guilty.
- To make or answer an allegation in a legal proceeding.
- To address a court as a lawyer or an advocate.
- To assert as defense, vindication, or excuse; claim as a plea: plead illness.
- To present as an answer to a charge, an indictment, or a declaration made against one.
- In strict legal usage, one is said to plead guilty or plead not guilty but not to plead innocent.
- verb - to ask for earnestly
There are 5 letters in PLEAD: A D E L P
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PLEAD
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PLEAD plus a wildcard: PLEAD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PLEAD
Images for PLEAD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.