Scrabble word: PLEAD
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLEAD exist?
Definitions of PLEAD in dictionaries:
- verb - appeal or request earnestly
- verb - offer as an excuse or plea
- verb - enter a plea, as in courts of law
- verb - make an allegation in an action or other legal proceeding, especially answer the previous pleading of the other party by denying facts therein stated or by alleging new facts
- To appeal earnestly; beg: plead for more time.
- To offer reasons for or against something; argue earnestly: plead against a bill.
- To provide an argument or appeal: Your youth and simplicity plead for you in this instance.
- To put forward a plea of a specific nature in court: plead guilty.
- To make or answer an allegation in a legal proceeding.
- To address a court as a lawyer or an advocate.
- To assert as defense, vindication, or excuse; claim as a plea: plead illness.
- To present as an answer to a charge, an indictment, or a declaration made against one.
- In strict legal usage, one is said to plead guilty or plead not guilty but not to plead innocent.
- verb - to ask for earnestly