Scrabble word: CORN
In which Scrabble dictionary does CORN exist?
Definitions of CORN in dictionaries:
- noun - tall annual cereal grass bearing kernels on large ears: widely cultivated in America in many varieties
- noun - the dried grains or kernels or corn used as animal feed or ground for meal
- noun - ears of corn that can be prepared and served for human food
- noun - a hard thickening of the skin (especially on the top or sides of the toes) caused by the pressure of ill-fitting shoes
- noun - (Great Britain) any of various cereal plants (especially the dominant crop of the region--wheat in Great Britain or oats in Scotland and Ireland)
- noun - whiskey distilled from a mash of not less than 80 percent corn
- noun - something sentimental or trite
- verb - feed (cattle) with corn
- verb - preserve with salt
- Any of numerous cultivated forms of a widely grown, usually tall annual cereal grass (Zea mays) bearing grains or kernels on large ears.
- The grains or kernels of this plant, used as food for human beings and livestock or for the extraction of an edible oil or starch.
- An ear of this plant.
- Any of various cereal plants or grains, especially the principal crop cultivated in a particular region, such as wheat in England or oats in Scotland.
- A single grain of a cereal plant.
- A seed or fruit of various other plants, such as a peppercorn.
- Corn snow.
- Corn whiskey.
- Something considered trite, dated, melodramatic, or unduly sentimental.
- To cause to form hard particles; granulate.
- To season and preserve with granulated salt.
- To preserve (beef, for example) in brine.
- To form hard particles; become grainy: “After the snow melts all day, it corns up at night for fine conditions” (Hatfield MA Valley Advocate).
- A horny thickening of the skin, usually on or near a toe, resulting from pressure or friction.
- verb - to preserve with salt
There are 4 letters in CORN: C N O R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to CORN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word CORN plus a wildcard: CORN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word CORN
Images for CORN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.