Scrabble word: POLAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does POLAR exist?
Definitions of POLAR in dictionaries:
- adj - having a pair of equal and opposite charges
- adj - characterized by opposite extremes
- adj - located at or near or coming from the earth's poles
- adj - of or existing at or near a geographical pole or within the Arctic or Antarctic Circles
- adj - extremely cold
- adj - being of crucial importance
- Of or relating to a pole.
- Measured from or referred to a pole: polar distance; polar diameter.
- Relating to, connected with, or located near the North Pole or South Pole.
- Passing over a planet’s north and south poles: a polar orbit.
- Traveling in an orbit that passes over a planet’s north and south poles.
- Serving as a guide, as a polestar or a pole of the earth.
- Occupying or characterized by opposite extremes: “In creative territory [they] make a strange yet ineluctable couple, more complementary, even polar, than twinlike” (Josh Rubins).
- Central or pivotal.
- Having to do with or characterized by a dipole: a polar molecule.
- noun - a straight line related to a point