Scrabble word: PALATINE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PALATINE exist?
Definitions of PALATINE in dictionaries:
- noun - any of various important officials in ancient Rome
- noun - (Middle Ages) the lord of a palatinate who exercised sovereign powers over his lands
- noun - the most important of the Seven Hills of Rome
- noun - either of two irregularly shaped bones that form the back of the hard palate and helps to form the nasal cavity and the floor of the orbits
- adj - relating to or lying near the palate
- adj - of or relating to a count palatine and his royal prerogatives
- adj - of or relating to a palace
- A soldier of the palace guard of the Roman emperors, formed in the time of Diocletian.
- A soldier of a major division of the Roman army formed in the time of Constantine I.
- Used as a title for various administrative officials of the late Roman and Byzantine empires.
- A feudal lord exercising sovereign power over his lands.
- Belonging to or fit for a palace.
- Of or relating to a palatine or palatinate.
- Of or relating to the palate: the palatine tonsils.
- Of or relating to either of two bones that make up the hard palate.
- noun - a high officer of an empire