Scrabble word: LEAN
In which Scrabble dictionary does LEAN exist?
Definitions of LEAN in dictionaries:
- noun - the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
- verb - to incline or bend from a vertical position
- verb - cause to lean or incline
- verb - have a tendency or disposition to do or be something
- verb - rely on for support
- verb - cause to lean to the side
- adj - lacking excess flesh
- adj - lacking in mineral content or combustible material
- adj - containing little excess
- adj - not profitable or prosperous
- To bend or slant away from the vertical.
- To rely for assistance or support: Lean on me for help.
- To have a tendency or preference: a government that leans toward fascism.
- To exert pressure: The boss is leaning on us to meet the deadline.
- To set or place so as to be resting or supported.
- A tilt or an inclination away from the vertical.
- Not fleshy or fat; thin.
- Containing little or no fat.
- Not productive or prosperous; meager: lean years.
- Containing little excess or waste; spare: a lean budget.
- Thrifty in management; economical: “Company leaders know their industries must be lean to survive” (Christian Science Monitor).
- Low in mineral contents: lean ore.
- Meat with little or no fat.
- adv - having little fat [adj LEANER, LEANEST] : LEANLY
- verb - to deviate from a vertical position
There are 4 letters in LEAN: A E L N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LEAN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LEAN plus a wildcard: LEAN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LEAN
Images for LEAN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.