Scrabble word: LEAN
In which Scrabble dictionary does LEAN exist?
Definitions of LEAN in dictionaries:
- noun - the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
- verb - to incline or bend from a vertical position
- verb - cause to lean or incline
- verb - have a tendency or disposition to do or be something
- verb - rely on for support
- verb - cause to lean to the side
- adj - lacking excess flesh
- adj - lacking in mineral content or combustible material
- adj - containing little excess
- adj - not profitable or prosperous
- To bend or slant away from the vertical.
- To rely for assistance or support: Lean on me for help.
- To have a tendency or preference: a government that leans toward fascism.
- To exert pressure: The boss is leaning on us to meet the deadline.
- To set or place so as to be resting or supported.
- A tilt or an inclination away from the vertical.
- Not fleshy or fat; thin.
- Containing little or no fat.
- Not productive or prosperous; meager: lean years.
- Containing little excess or waste; spare: a lean budget.
- Thrifty in management; economical: “Company leaders know their industries must be lean to survive” (Christian Science Monitor).
- Low in mineral contents: lean ore.
- Meat with little or no fat.
- adv - having little fat [adj LEANER, LEANEST] : LEANLY
- verb - to deviate from a vertical position