Scrabble word: LIE
Is LIE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of LIE in dictionaries:
- noun - a statement that deviates from or perverts the truth
- noun - Norwegian diplomat who was the first Secretary General of the United Nations (1896-1968)
- noun - position or manner in which something is situated
- verb - be located or situated somewhere
- verb - be lying, be prostrate
- verb - originate (in)
- verb - be and remain in a particular state or condition
- verb - tell an untruth
- verb - have a place in relation to something else
- verb - assume a reclining position
- To be or place oneself at rest in a flat, horizontal, or recumbent position; recline: lay under a tree to sleep.
- See Usage Note at lay1.
- To be or remain in a specified condition: The dust has lain undisturbed for years.
- To exist; be inherent: The solution lies in research.
- To occupy a position or place: The lake lies beyond this hill.
- To extend: Our land lies between these trees and the river.
- To be admissible or maintainable.
- To stay for a night or short while.
- The manner or position in which something is situated.
- A haunt or hiding place of an animal.
- The position of a golf ball that has come to a stop.
- To be decided by, dependent on, or up to: The choice lies with you.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To keep oneself or one’s plans hidden.
- To bide one’s time but remain ready for action.
- A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
- Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
- To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
- To cause to be in a specific condition or affect in a specific way by telling falsehoods: You have lied yourself into trouble.
- verb - to be in or get into a horizontal position
- verb - to speak falsely
There are 3 letters in LIE: E I L
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LIE
Click to search all anagrams of LIE plus a wildcard: LIE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LIE
Images for LIE
Lookup in Wiki for LIE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.