Scrabble word: LIE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LIE exist?
Definitions of LIE in dictionaries:
- noun - a statement that deviates from or perverts the truth
- noun - Norwegian diplomat who was the first Secretary General of the United Nations (1896-1968)
- noun - position or manner in which something is situated
- verb - be located or situated somewhere
- verb - be lying, be prostrate
- verb - originate (in)
- verb - be and remain in a particular state or condition
- verb - tell an untruth
- verb - have a place in relation to something else
- verb - assume a reclining position
- To be or place oneself at rest in a flat, horizontal, or recumbent position; recline: lay under a tree to sleep.
- See Usage Note at lay1.
- To be or remain in a specified condition: The dust has lain undisturbed for years.
- To exist; be inherent: The solution lies in research.
- To occupy a position or place: The lake lies beyond this hill.
- To extend: Our land lies between these trees and the river.
- To be admissible or maintainable.
- To stay for a night or short while.
- The manner or position in which something is situated.
- A haunt or hiding place of an animal.
- The position of a golf ball that has come to a stop.
- To be decided by, dependent on, or up to: The choice lies with you.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To keep oneself or one’s plans hidden.
- To bide one’s time but remain ready for action.
- A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
- Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.
- To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
- To cause to be in a specific condition or affect in a specific way by telling falsehoods: You have lied yourself into trouble.
- verb - to be in or get into a horizontal position
- verb - to speak falsely