Scrabble word: IDLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does IDLE exist?
Definitions of IDLE in dictionaries:
- noun - the state of an engine or other mechanism that is idling
- verb - run disconnected or idle
- verb - be idle
- adj - not in action or at work
- adj - without a basis in reason or fact
- adj - not in active use
- adj - silly or trivial
- adj - lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility
- adj - not yielding a return
- adj - not having a job
- See Synonyms at inactive.
- Not in use or operation: idle hands.
- Lacking substance, value, or basis.
- To pass time without working or while avoiding work.
- To move lazily and without purpose.
- To run at a slow speed or out of gear.
- To pass (time) without working or while avoiding work; waste: idle the afternoon away.
- To make or cause to be unemployed or inactive.
- To cause (a motor, for example) to idle.
- adj - not active
- verb - to pass time idly