Scrabble word: YIELD
In which Scrabble dictionary does YIELD exist?
Definitions of YIELD in dictionaries:
- noun - production of a certain amount
- noun - the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property
- noun - an amount of a product
- noun - the quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time)
- verb - be the cause or source of
- verb - end resistance, as under pressure or force
- verb - give or supply
- verb - give over
- verb - give in, as to influence or pressure
- verb - move in order to make room for someone for something
- verb - cause to happen or be responsible for
- verb - be willing to concede
- verb - be fatally overwhelmed
- verb - bring in
- verb - be flexible under stress of physical force
- verb - cease opposition
- verb - consent reluctantly
- To give forth by or as if by a natural process, especially by cultivation: a field that yields many bushels of corn.
- To furnish as return for effort or investment; be productive of: an investment that yields high percentages.
- To give over possession of, as in deference or defeat; surrender.
- To give up (an advantage, for example) to another; concede.
- To give forth a natural product; be productive.
- To produce a return for effort or investment: bonds that yield well.
- To give up, as in defeat; surrender or submit.
- To give way to pressure or force: The door yielded to a gentle push.
- To give way to argument, persuasion, influence, or entreaty: The child pleaded, but the parents wouldn’t yield.
- To give place, as to one that is superior: She yields to no one in her condemnation of violence.
- An amount yielded or produced; a product.
- A profit obtained from an investment; a return.
- These verbs all mean to give in to what one can no longer oppose or resist.
- verb - to give up
There are 5 letters in YIELD: D E I L Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to YIELD
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word YIELD plus a wildcard: YIELD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word YIELD
Images for YIELD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.