Scrabble word: DEVIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEVIL exist?
Definitions of DEVIL in dictionaries:
- noun - (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God
- noun - an evil supernatural being
- noun - a word used in exclamations of confusion
- noun - a rowdy or mischievous person (usually a young man)
- noun - a cruel wicked and inhuman person
- verb - cause annoyance in
- verb - coat or stuff with a spicy paste
- In many religions, the major personified spirit of evil, ruler of Hell, and foe of God.
- A subordinate evil spirit; a demon.
- A wicked or malevolent person.
- A person: a handsome devil; the poor devil.
- An energetic, mischievous, daring, or clever person.
- A printer’s devil.
- A device or machine, especially one having teeth or spikes and used for tearing.
- An outstanding example, especially of something difficult or bad: has a devil of a temper.
- A severe reprimand or expression of anger: gave me the devil for cutting class.
- The opposite of Truth; error.
- To season (food) heavily.
- To annoy, torment, or harass.
- To tear up (cloth or rags) in a toothed machine.
- To be unsuccessful; fail.
- To become depraved.
- Used in the imperative to express anger or impatience.
- verb - to prepare food with pungent seasoning
There are 5 letters in DEVIL: D E I L V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DEVIL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DEVIL plus a wildcard: DEVIL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DEVIL
Images for DEVIL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.