Scrabble word: DIVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DIVE exist?
Definitions of DIVE in dictionaries:
- noun - a cheap disreputable nightclub or dance hall
- noun - a headlong plunge into water
- noun - a steep nose-down descent by an aircraft
- verb - drop steeply
- verb - plunge into water
- verb - swim under water
- To plunge, especially headfirst, into water.
- To execute a dive in athletic competition.
- To participate in the sport of competitive diving.
- To go toward the bottom of a body of water; submerge.
- To engage in the activity of scuba diving.
- To submerge under power.
- To fall head down through the air.
- To descend nose down at an acceleration usually exceeding that of free fall.
- To engage in the sport of skydiving.
- To drop sharply and rapidly; plummet: Stock prices dove 100 points in a single day of trading.
- To rush headlong and vanish into: dive into a crowd.
- To plunge one’s hand into.
- To lunge: dove for the loose ball.
- To cause (an aircraft, for example) to dive.
- A plunge into water, especially done headfirst and in a way established for athletic competition.
- The act or an instance of submerging, as of a submarine or a skin diver.
- A nearly vertical descent at an accelerated speed through the air.
- A quick, pronounced drop.
- A disreputable or run-down bar or nightclub.
- A knockout feigned by prearrangement between prizefighters: The challenger took a dive.
- A lunge or a headlong jump: made a dive to catch the falling teacup.
- An offensive play in which the carrier of the ball plunges into the opposing line in order to gain short yardage.
- verb - to plunge headfirst into water