Scrabble word: DIVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DIVE exist?
Definitions of DIVE in dictionaries:
- noun - a cheap disreputable nightclub or dance hall
- noun - a headlong plunge into water
- noun - a steep nose-down descent by an aircraft
- verb - drop steeply
- verb - plunge into water
- verb - swim under water
- To plunge, especially headfirst, into water.
- To execute a dive in athletic competition.
- To participate in the sport of competitive diving.
- To go toward the bottom of a body of water; submerge.
- To engage in the activity of scuba diving.
- To submerge under power.
- To fall head down through the air.
- To descend nose down at an acceleration usually exceeding that of free fall.
- To engage in the sport of skydiving.
- To drop sharply and rapidly; plummet: Stock prices dove 100 points in a single day of trading.
- To rush headlong and vanish into: dive into a crowd.
- To plunge one’s hand into.
- To lunge: dove for the loose ball.
- To cause (an aircraft, for example) to dive.
- A plunge into water, especially done headfirst and in a way established for athletic competition.
- The act or an instance of submerging, as of a submarine or a skin diver.
- A nearly vertical descent at an accelerated speed through the air.
- A quick, pronounced drop.
- A disreputable or run-down bar or nightclub.
- A knockout feigned by prearrangement between prizefighters: The challenger took a dive.
- A lunge or a headlong jump: made a dive to catch the falling teacup.
- An offensive play in which the carrier of the ball plunges into the opposing line in order to gain short yardage.
- verb - to plunge headfirst into water
There are 4 letters in DIVE: D E I V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DIVE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DIVE plus a wildcard: DIVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DIVE
Images for DIVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.