Scrabble word: VEIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does VEIL exist?
Definitions of VEIL in dictionaries:
- noun - a garment that covers the head and face
- noun - a membranous covering attached to the immature fruiting body of certain mushrooms
- noun - the inner membrane of embryos in higher vertebrates (especially when covering the head at birth)
- noun - a vestment worn by a priest at High Mass in the Roman Catholic Church
- verb - to obscure, or conceal with or as if with a veil
- verb - make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing
- A length of cloth worn by women over the head, shoulders, and often the face.
- A length of netting attached to a woman’s hat or headdress, worn for decoration or to protect the head and face.
- The part of a nun’s headdress that frames the face and falls over the shoulders.
- The life or vows of a nun.
- A piece of light fabric hung to separate or conceal what is behind it; a curtain.
- Something that conceals, separates, or screens like a curtain: a veil of secrecy.
- A membranous covering or part, as that on the developing fruiting body of certain mushrooms; a velum.
- To cover with or as if with a veil: Dense fog veiled the bridge.
- To conceal or disguise.
- verb - to provide with a veil (a piece of sheer fabric worn over the face)