Scrabble word: SLIDE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLIDE exist?
Definitions of SLIDE in dictionaries:
- noun - a small flat rectangular piece of glass on which specimens can be mounted for microscopic study
- noun - (geology) the descent of a large mass of earth or rocks or snow etc.
- noun - (music) rapid sliding up or down the musical scale
- noun - plaything consisting of a sloping chute down which children can slide
- noun - the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it
- noun - a transparency mounted in a frame
- noun - sloping channel through which things can descend
- verb - move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- verb - to pass or move unobtrusively or smoothly
- verb - move smoothly along a surface
- To move over a surface while maintaining smooth, continuous contact.
- To coast on a slippery surface, such as ice or snow.
- To pass smoothly and quietly; glide: slid past the door without anyone noticing.
- To go unattended or unacted upon: Let the matter slide.
- To lose a secure footing or positioning; shift out of place; slip: slid on the ice and fell.
- To move downward: Prices began to slide.
- To return to a less favorable or less worthy condition.
- To drop down and skid, usually feet first, into a base to avoid being put out.
- A sliding movement or action.
- A smooth surface or track for sliding, usually inclined: a water slide.
- A playground apparatus for children to slide on, typically consisting of a smooth chute mounted by means of a ladder.
- A part that operates by sliding, as the U-shaped section of tube on a trombone that is moved to produce various tones.
- An image on a transparent base for projection on a screen.
- A small glass plate for mounting specimens to be examined under a microscope.
- A fall of a mass of rock, earth, or snow down a slope; an avalanche or a landslide.
- A slight portamento used in violin playing, passing quickly from one note to another.
- These verbs mean to move smoothly and continuously over or as if over a slippery surface.
- adj - to move smoothly along a surface [v SLID, SLIDDEN, SLIDING, SLIDES] : SLIDABLE