Scrabble word: SLIDE
Is SLIDE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of SLIDE in dictionaries:
- noun - a small flat rectangular piece of glass on which specimens can be mounted for microscopic study
- noun - (geology) the descent of a large mass of earth or rocks or snow etc.
- noun - (music) rapid sliding up or down the musical scale
- noun - plaything consisting of a sloping chute down which children can slide
- noun - the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it
- noun - a transparency mounted in a frame
- noun - sloping channel through which things can descend
- verb - move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- verb - to pass or move unobtrusively or smoothly
- verb - move smoothly along a surface
- To move over a surface while maintaining smooth, continuous contact.
- To coast on a slippery surface, such as ice or snow.
- To pass smoothly and quietly; glide: slid past the door without anyone noticing.
- To go unattended or unacted upon: Let the matter slide.
- To lose a secure footing or positioning; shift out of place; slip: slid on the ice and fell.
- To move downward: Prices began to slide.
- To return to a less favorable or less worthy condition.
- To drop down and skid, usually feet first, into a base to avoid being put out.
- A sliding movement or action.
- A smooth surface or track for sliding, usually inclined: a water slide.
- A playground apparatus for children to slide on, typically consisting of a smooth chute mounted by means of a ladder.
- A part that operates by sliding, as the U-shaped section of tube on a trombone that is moved to produce various tones.
- An image on a transparent base for projection on a screen.
- A small glass plate for mounting specimens to be examined under a microscope.
- A fall of a mass of rock, earth, or snow down a slope; an avalanche or a landslide.
- A slight portamento used in violin playing, passing quickly from one note to another.
- These verbs mean to move smoothly and continuously over or as if over a slippery surface.
- adj - to move smoothly along a surface [v SLID, SLIDDEN, SLIDING, SLIDES] : SLIDABLE
There are 5 letters in SLIDE: D E I L S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SLIDE
Click to search all anagrams of SLIDE plus a wildcard: SLIDE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SLIDE
Images for SLIDE
Lookup in Wiki for SLIDE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.