Scrabble word: SHIELD
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHIELD exist?
Definitions of SHIELD in dictionaries:
- noun - a protective covering or structure
- noun - armor carried on the arm to intercept blows
- noun - hard outer covering or case of certain organisms such as arthropods and turtles
- verb - protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm
- verb - hold back a thought or feeling about
- A broad piece of armor made of rigid material and strapped to the arm or carried in the hand for protection against hurled or thrusted weapons.
- A person or thing that provides protection.
- A steel sheet attached to an artillery piece to protect gunners from small-arms fire and shrapnel.
- A wall or housing of concrete or lead built around a nuclear reactor to prevent the escape of radiation.
- A structure or arrangement of metal plates or mesh designed to protect a piece of electronic equipment from electrostatic or magnetic interference.
- A pad worn, as at the armpits, to protect a garment from perspiration.
- A protective plate or similar hard outer covering; a scute or scutellum.
- An escutcheon.
- A decorative emblem that often serves to identify an organization or a government.
- A police officer’s badge.
- A large lowland area, the geologic nucleus of a continent, whose bedrock consists of igneous and metamorphic rocks that are usually Precambrian in age: the Canadian Shield.
- To protect or defend with or as if with a shield; guard.
- To act or serve as a shield or safeguard.
- verb - to provide with a protective cover or shelter
There are 6 letters in SHIELD: D E H I L S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SHIELD
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SHIELD plus a wildcard: SHIELD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SHIELD
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SHIELD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.