Scrabble word: LIME
In which Scrabble dictionary does LIME exist?
Definitions of LIME in dictionaries:
- noun - a caustic substance produced by heating limestone
- noun - a white crystalline oxide used in the production of calcium hydroxide
- noun - a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds
- noun - any of various related trees bearing limes
- noun - any of various deciduous trees of the genus Tilia with heart-shaped leaves and drooping cymose clusters of yellowish often fragrant flowers
- noun - the green acidic fruit of any of various lime trees
- verb - spread birdlime on branches to catch birds
- verb - cover with lime so as to induce growth
- A spiny evergreen shrub or tree (Citrus aurantifolia), native to Asia and having leathery leaves, fragrant white flowers, and edible fruit.
- The egg-shaped fruit of this plant, having a green rind and acid juice used as flavoring.
- Any of various mineral and industrial forms of calcium oxide differing chiefly in water content and percentage of constituents such as silica, alumina, and iron.
- To treat with lime.
- To smear with birdlime.
- To catch or snare with or as if with birdlime.
- verb - to treat with lime (a calcium compound)