Scrabble word: PILE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PILE exist?
Definitions of PILE in dictionaries:
- noun - a collection of objects laid on top of each other
- noun - (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- noun - a large sum of money (especially as pay or profit)
- noun - fine soft dense hair (as the fine short hair of cattle or deer or the wool of sheep or the undercoat of certain dogs)
- noun - battery consisting of voltaic cells arranged in series
- noun - a column of wood or steel or concrete that is driven into the ground to provide support for a structure
- noun - the yarn (as in a rug or velvet or corduroy) that stands up from the weave
- noun - a nuclear reactor that uses controlled nuclear fission to generate energy
- verb - arrange in stacks
- verb - press tightly together or cram
- verb - place or lay as if in a pile
- A quantity of objects stacked or thrown together in a heap.
- A large accumulation or quantity: a pile of trouble.
- A large sum of money; a fortune: made their pile in the commodities market.
- A funeral pyre.
- A very large building or complex of buildings.
- A nuclear reactor.
- A voltaic pile.
- To place or lay in or as if in a pile or heap: piled books onto the table.
- To load (something) with a heap or pile: piled the table with books.
- To heap (something) in abundance: piled potato salad onto the plate.
- To form a heap or pile.
- To move in, out, or forward in a disorderly mass or group: pile into a bus; pile out of a car.
- To accumulate.
- To undergo a serious vehicular collision.
- A heavy beam of timber, concrete, or steel, driven into the earth as a foundation or support for a structure.
- A wedge-shaped charge pointing downward.
- A Roman javelin.
- To drive piles into.
- To support with piles.
- Cut or uncut loops of yarn forming the surface of certain fabrics, such as velvet, plush, and carpeting.
- The surface so formed.
- Soft, fine hair, fur, or wool.
- verb - to lay one upon the other