Scrabble word: FILE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FILE exist?
Definitions of FILE in dictionaries:
- noun - a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together
- noun - a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other
- noun - office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order
- noun - a steel hand tool with small sharp teeth on some or all of its surfaces
- verb - record in a public office or in a court of law
- verb - smooth with a file
- verb - proceed in line
- verb - file a formal charge against
- verb - place in a container for keeping records
- A container, such as a cabinet or folder, for keeping papers in order.
- A collection of papers or published materials kept or arranged in convenient order.
- A collection of related data or program records.
- A line of persons, animals, or things positioned one behind the other.
- A line of troops or military vehicles so positioned.
- Any of the rows of squares that run vertically or between players on a playing board in chess or checkers.
- A list or roll.
- To put or keep (papers, for example) in useful order for storage or reference.
- To enter (a legal document) on public official record.
- To send or submit (copy) to a newspaper.
- To carry out the first stage of (a lawsuit, for example): filed charges against my associate.
- To march or walk in a line.
- To put items in a file.
- To make application; apply: filed for a job with the state; file for a divorce.
- To enter one’s name in a political contest: filed for Congress.
- Any of several hardened steel tools with cutting ridges for forming, smoothing, or reducing especially metallic surfaces.
- A nail file.
- A crafty or artful person.
- To make sullied or corrupt; defile.
- adj - to arrange in order for future reference [v FILED, FILING, FILES] : FILEABLE
There are 4 letters in FILE: E F I L
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FILE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FILE plus a wildcard: FILE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FILE
Images for FILE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.