Scrabble word: FILE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FILE exist?
Definitions of FILE in dictionaries:
- noun - a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together
- noun - a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other
- noun - office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order
- noun - a steel hand tool with small sharp teeth on some or all of its surfaces
- verb - record in a public office or in a court of law
- verb - smooth with a file
- verb - proceed in line
- verb - file a formal charge against
- verb - place in a container for keeping records
- A container, such as a cabinet or folder, for keeping papers in order.
- A collection of papers or published materials kept or arranged in convenient order.
- A collection of related data or program records.
- A line of persons, animals, or things positioned one behind the other.
- A line of troops or military vehicles so positioned.
- Any of the rows of squares that run vertically or between players on a playing board in chess or checkers.
- A list or roll.
- To put or keep (papers, for example) in useful order for storage or reference.
- To enter (a legal document) on public official record.
- To send or submit (copy) to a newspaper.
- To carry out the first stage of (a lawsuit, for example): filed charges against my associate.
- To march or walk in a line.
- To put items in a file.
- To make application; apply: filed for a job with the state; file for a divorce.
- To enter one’s name in a political contest: filed for Congress.
- Any of several hardened steel tools with cutting ridges for forming, smoothing, or reducing especially metallic surfaces.
- A nail file.
- A crafty or artful person.
- To make sullied or corrupt; defile.
- adj - to arrange in order for future reference [v FILED, FILING, FILES] : FILEABLE