Scrabble word: PLAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLAIN exist?
Definitions of PLAIN in dictionaries:
- noun - extensive tract of level open land
- noun - a basic knitting stitch
- verb - express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness
- adj - clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
- adj - not elaborate or elaborated
- adj - lacking patterns especially in color
- adj - not mixed with extraneous elements
- adj - free from any effort to soften to disguise
- adj - lacking embellishment or ornamentation
- adj - lacking in physical beauty or proportion
- adv - unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for `plainly')
- Free from obstructions; open; clear: in plain view.
- Not elaborate or complicated; simple: plain food.
- Straightforward; frank or candid: plain talk.
- Not mixed with other substances; pure: plain water.
- Common in rank or station; average; ordinary: a plain man.
- Not pretentious; unaffected.
- Marked by little or no ornamentation or decoration.
- Not dyed, twilled, or patterned: a plain fabric.
- Lacking beauty or distinction: a plain face.
- Sheer; utter; unqualified: plain stupidity.
- Having no visible elevation or depression; flat; level.
- An extensive, level, usually treeless area of land.
- A broad, level expanse, as a part of the sea floor or a lunar mare.
- Clearly; simply: plain stubborn.
- adj - clear to the vision or understanding
- verb - to express discontent