Scrabble word: NAIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does NAIL exist?
Definitions of NAIL in dictionaries:
- noun - horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits
- noun - a thin pointed piece of metal that is hammered into materials as a fastener
- noun - a former unit of length for cloth equal to 1/16 of a yard
- verb - attach something somewhere by means of nails
- verb - take into custody
- verb - hit hard
- verb - succeed in obtaining a position
- verb - succeed at easily
- verb - locate exactly
- verb - complete a pass
- A slim, pointed piece of metal hammered into material as a fastener.
- A fingernail or toenail.
- A claw or talon.
- Something resembling a nail in shape, sharpness, or use.
- A measure of length formerly used for cloth, equal to 16 yard (5.
- To fasten, join, or attach with or as if with a nail.
- To cover, enclose, or shut by fastening with nails: nail up a window.
- To keep fixed, motionless, or intent: Fear nailed me to my seat.
- To stop and seize; catch: Police nailed the suspect.
- To detect and expose: nailed the senator in a lie; nail corruption before it gets out of control.
- To strike or bring down, especially with something shot or hurled: nail a bird in flight.
- To gain thorough understanding of; master: a brilliant student who nailed all her courses in thermodynamics.
- To put out (a base runner).
- To discover or establish conclusively: nailed down the story by checking all the facts.
- To win: nailed down another victory in the golf tournament.
- verb - to fasten with a nail (a slender piece of metal)