Scrabble word: UP
Is UP valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of UP in dictionaries:
- verb - raise
- adj - being or moving higher in position or greater in some value
- adj - out of bed
- adj - getting higher or more vigorous
- adj - extending or moving toward a higher place
- adj - (usually followed by `on' or `for') in readiness
- adj - open
- adj - (used of computers) operating properly
- adj - used up
- adv - spatially or metaphorically from a lower to a higher position
- adv - to a higher intensity
- adv - nearer to the speaker
- adv - to a more central or a more northerly place
- adv - to a later time
- In or to a higher position: looking up.
- In a direction opposite to the center of the earth or a comparable gravitational center: up from the lunar surface.
- In or to an upright position: sat up in bed.
- Above a surface: coming up for air.
- So as to detach or unearth: pulling up weeds.
- Above the horizon: as the sun came up.
- Into view or existence: draw up a will.
- Into consideration: take up a new topic.
- In or toward a position conventionally regarded as higher, as on a scale, chart, or map: temperatures heading up; up in Canada.
- To or at a higher price: stocks that are going up.
- So as to advance, increase, or improve: Our spirits went up.
- With or to a greater intensity, pitch, or volume: turn the sound up.
- Into a state of excitement or turbulence: stir up; rouse up.
- Completely; entirely: drank it up in a gulp; fastened up the coat.
- Used as an intensifier of the action of a verb: typed up a list.
- So as to approach; near: came up and kissed me.
- To a stop: pulled up in front of the station.
- Each; apiece: The score was tied at 11 up.
- Apart; into pieces: tore it up.
- To windward.
- Being above a former position or level; higher: My grades are up.
- Out of bed: was up by seven.
- Standing; erect.
- Facing upward: two cards up, one down; the up side of a tossed coin.
- Raised; lifted: a switch in the up position.
- Moving or directed upward: an up elevator.
- Marked by increased excitement or agitation; aroused: Our fighting spirit was up.
- Cheerful; optimistic; upbeat.
- Happily excited; euphoric: After receiving the award, the performer was really up.
- Taking place; going on: wondered what was up back home.
- Being considered; under study: a contract that is up for renewal.
- Running as a candidate.
- On trial; charged: The defendant is up for manslaughter.
- Having been finished; over: Your time is up.
- Prepared; ready: had to be up for the game.
- Well informed; abreast: not up on sports.
- Functioning or capable of functioning normally; operational: Their computers are now up.
- Being ahead of one’s opponent: up two strokes in golf.
- At bat.
- As a bet; at stake.
- Bound; headed: a freighter up for Panama.
- From a lower to or toward a higher point on: up the hill.
- Toward or at a point farther along: two miles up the road.
- In a direction toward the source of: up the Mississippi.
- An upward slope; a rise.
- An upward movement or trend.
- A feeling of excitement or euphoria.
- To increase: upped their fees; upping our output.
- To raise to a higher level, especially to promote to a higher position.
- To get up; rise.
- To act suddenly or unexpectedly: “She upped and perjured her immortal soul” (Margery Allingham).
- Occupied with, especially devising or scheming: a prowler up to no good.
- Able to do or deal with: didn’t feel up to a long drive.
- Dependent on: The success of this project is up to us.
- As long as: allowed up to two hours to finish the test.
- As many as: seed that yields up to 300 bushels per acre.
- adj - to move to a higher position [v RAISED, RAISING, RAISES] : RAISABLE
There are 2 letters in UP: P U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to UP
Click to search all anagrams of UP plus a wildcard: UP?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word UP
2 letter words
Images for UP
Lookup in Wiki for UP
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.