Scrabble word: ALTO
In which Scrabble dictionary does ALTO exist?
Definitions of ALTO in dictionaries:
- noun - a singer whose voice lies in the alto clef
- noun - the lowest female singing voice
- noun - the highest adult male singing voice
- noun - (of a musical instrument) the second highest instrument in a family of musical instruments
- noun - the pitch range of the lowest female voice
- adj - of or being the lowest female voice
- adj - of or being the highest male voice
- adj - (of a musical instrument) second highest member of a group
- A low, female singing voice; a contralto.
- A countertenor.
- The range between soprano and tenor.
- A singer whose voice lies within this range.
- An instrument that sounds within this range.
- Often used to modify another noun: an alto flute; an alto balalaika.
- noun - a low female singing voice