Scrabble word: FLOAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does FLOAT exist?
Definitions of FLOAT in dictionaries:
- noun - the time interval between the deposit of a check in a bank and its payment
- noun - the number of shares outstanding and available for trading by the public
- noun - a drink with ice cream floating in it
- noun - an elaborate display mounted on a platform carried by a truck (or pulled by a truck) in a procession or parade
- noun - a hand tool with a flat face used for smoothing and finishing the surface of plaster or cement or stucco
- noun - something that floats on the surface of water
- noun - an air-filled sac near the spinal column in many fishes that helps maintain buoyancy
- verb - be in motion due to some air or water current
- verb - be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom
- verb - set afloat
- verb - circulate or discuss tentatively
- verb - move lightly, as if suspended
- verb - put into the water
- verb - make the surface of level or smooth
- verb - allow (currencies) to fluctuate
- verb - convert from a fixed point notation to a floating point notation
- To remain suspended within or on the surface of a fluid without sinking.
- To be suspended in or move through space as if supported by a liquid.
- To move from place to place, especially at random.
- To move easily or lightly: “Miss Golightly... floated round in their arms light as a scarf” (Truman Capote).
- To find a level in relationship to other currencies solely in response to the law of supply and demand: allowed the dollar to float.
- To cause to remain suspended without sinking or falling.
- To put into the water; launch: float a ship; float a navy.
- To start or establish (a business enterprise, for example).
- To flood (land), as for irrigation.
- To allow (the exchange value of a currency) to find freely its real level in relationship to other currencies.
- To release (a security) for sale.
- To arrange for (a loan).
- To make the surface of (plaster, for example) level or smooth.
- To convert (data) from fixed-point notation to floating-point notation.
- A raft.
- A buoy.
- A life preserver.
- A buoyant object, such as a cork, used to hold a net or fishing line afloat.
- A landing platform attached to a wharf and floating on the water.
- A floating ball attached to a lever to regulate the water level in a tank.
- An air-filled sac or structure that aids in the flotation of an aquatic organism.
- A decorated exhibit or scene mounted on a mobile platform and pulled or driven in a parade.
- A sum of money representing checks that are outstanding.
- A tool for smoothing the surface of plaster or cement.
- A soft drink with ice cream floating in it.
- verb - to rest or remain on the surface of a liquid
There are 5 letters in FLOAT: A F L O T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FLOAT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FLOAT plus a wildcard: FLOAT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FLOAT
Images for FLOAT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.