Scrabble word: FAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does FAT exist?
Definitions of FAT in dictionaries:
- noun - a soft greasy substance occurring in organic tissue and consisting of a mixture of lipids (mostly triglycerides)
- noun - a kind of body tissue containing stored fat that serves as a source of energy
- noun - excess bodily weight
- verb - make fat or plump
- adj - having an (over)abundance of flesh
- adj - having a relatively large diameter
- adj - containing or composed of fat
- adj - lucrative
- adj - marked by great fruitfulness
- The ester of glycerol and one, two, or three fatty acids.
- Any of various soft, solid, or semisolid organic compounds constituting the esters of glycerol and fatty acids and their associated organic groups.
- A mixture of such compounds occurring widely in organic tissue, especially in the adipose tissue of animals and in the seeds, nuts, and fruits of plants.
- Animal tissue containing such substances.
- A solidified animal or vegetable oil.
- Obesity; corpulence.
- The best or richest part: living off the fat of the land.
- Unnecessary excess: “would drain the appropriation’s fat without cutting into education’s muscle” (New York Times).
- Having much or too much fat or flesh; plump or obese.
- Full of fat or oil; greasy.
- Abounding in desirable elements.
- Fertile or productive; rich: “It was a fine, green, fat landscape” (Robert Louis Stevenson).
- Having an abundance or amplitude; well-stocked: a fat larder.
- Yielding profit or plenty; lucrative or rewarding: a fat promotion.
- Prosperous; wealthy: grew fat on illegal profits.
- Thick; large: a fat book.
- Very little or none at all: a fat lot of good it will do him.
- adj - having an abundance of flesh