Scrabble word: TILT
In which Scrabble dictionary does TILT exist?
Definitions of TILT in dictionaries:
- noun - a combat between two mounted knights tilting against each other with blunted lances
- noun - a contentious speech act
- noun - a slight but noticeable partiality
- noun - the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
- noun - pitching dangerously to one side
- verb - to incline or bend from a vertical position
- verb - heel over
- verb - move sideways or in an unsteady way
- verb - charge with a tilt
- To cause to slope, as by raising one end; incline: tilt a soup bowl; tilt a chair backward.
- To aim or thrust (a lance) in a joust.
- To charge (an opponent); attack.
- To forge with a tilt hammer.
- To slope; incline.
- To favor one side over another in a dispute; lean: “His views tilt unmistakably to the Arab position” (William Safire).
- To fight with lances; joust.
- To engage in a combat or struggle; fight: tilting at injustices.
- The act of tilting or the condition of being tilted.
- An inclination from the horizontal or vertical; a slant: adjusting the tilt of a writing table.
- A sloping surface, as of the ground.
- A tendency to favor one side in a dispute: the court’s tilt toward conservative rulings.
- An implicit preference; a bias: “pitilessly illuminates the inaccuracies and tilts of the press” (Nat Hentoff).
- A medieval sport in which two mounted knights with lances charged together and attempted to unhorse one another.
- A thrust or blow with a lance.
- A combat, especially a verbal one; a debate.
- A tilt hammer.
- A canopy or an awning for a boat, wagon, or cart.
- adj - to cause to slant [v -ED, -ING, -S] : TILTABLE
There are 4 letters in TILT: I L T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TILT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TILT plus a wildcard: TILT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TILT
Images for TILT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.