Scrabble word: STILT
In which Scrabble dictionary does STILT exist?
Definitions of STILT in dictionaries:
- noun - a column of wood or steel or concrete that is driven into the ground to provide support for a structure
- noun - one of two stout poles with foot rests in the middle
- noun - long-legged three-toed wading bird of brackish marshes of Australia
- noun - long-legged three-toed black-and-white wading bird of inland ponds and marshes or brackish lagoons
- Either of a pair of long, slender poles each equipped with a raised footrest to enable the user to walk elevated above the ground.
- Any of various tall posts or pillars used as support, as for a dock or building: a beach house on stilts.
- An American wading bird (Himantopus mexicanus) that has long pink legs, black and white plumage, and a long slender bill, and that ranges from the United States to Peru and Brazil and is related to the avocet.
- A related bird (Cladorhyncus leucocephala) of Australia.
- verb - to raise on stilts (long, slender poles)