Scrabble word: TITLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TITLE exist?
Definitions of TITLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a heading that names a statute or legislative bill
- noun - the name of a work of art or literary composition etc.
- noun - a general or descriptive heading for a section of a written work
- noun - the status of being a champion
- noun - a legal document signed and sealed and delivered to effect a transfer of property and to show the legal right to possess it
- noun - an identifying appellation signifying status or function: e.g. `Mr.' or `General'
- noun - an established or recognized right
- noun - (usually plural) written material introduced into a movie or TV show to give credits or represent dialogue or explain an action
- noun - an appellation signifying nobility
- noun - an informal right to something
- verb - give a title to
- verb - designate by an identifying term
- An identifying name given to a book, play, film, musical composition, or other work.
- A general or descriptive heading, as of a book chapter.
- Often titles.
- A written piece of translated dialogue superimposed at the bottom of the frame during a film; a subtitle.
- A heading that names a document, statute, or proceeding.
- A division of a law book, declaration, or bill, generally larger than a section or article.
- A written work that is published or about to be published: the titles in a press’s fall catalog.
- The coincidence of all the elements that constitute the fullest legal right to control and dispose of property or a claim.
- The aggregate evidence that gives rise to a legal right of possession or control.
- The instrument, such as a deed, that constitutes this evidence.
- Something that provides a basis for or justifies a claim.
- A legitimate or alleged right.
- A formal appellation attached to the name of a person or family by virtue of office, rank, hereditary privilege, noble birth, or attainment or used as a mark of respect.
- A descriptive name; an epithet.
- A championship.
- A source of income or area of work required of a candidate for ordination in the Church of England.
- A Roman Catholic church in or near Rome having a cardinal for its nominal head.
- To give a title to; entitle.
- To call by a name; style.
- verb - to furnish with a title (a distinctive appellation)