Scrabble word: TOUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does TOUT exist?
Definitions of TOUT in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who buys tickets to an event in order to resell them at a profit
- noun - someone who advertises for customers in an especially brazen way
- noun - one who sells advice about gambling or speculation (especially at the racetrack)
- verb - advertize in strongly positive terms
- verb - show off
- To solicit customers, votes, or patronage, especially in a brazen way.
- To obtain and deal in information on racehorses.
- To solicit or importune: street vendors who were touting pedestrians.
- To obtain or sell information on (a racehorse or stable) for the guidance of bettors.
- To promote or praise energetically; publicize: “Projects for... construction of a deep-water route... to reach ports in the continent’s industrial heartland had been widely touted” (Kenneth McNaught).
- One who obtains information on racehorses and their prospects and sells it to bettors.
- One who solicits customers brazenly or persistently: “The administration of the nation’s literary affairs falls naturally into the hands of touts and thieves” (Lewis H.
- verb - to solicit brazenly