Scrabble word: CAPTURE
Is CAPTURE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of CAPTURE in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of forcibly dispossessing an owner of property
- noun - a process whereby a star or planet holds an object in its gravitational field
- noun - any process in which an atomic or nuclear system acquires an additional particle
- noun - the act of taking of a person by force
- noun - the removal of an opponent's piece from the chess board
- verb - succeed in representing or expressing something intangible
- verb - attract
- verb - succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase
- verb - bring about the capture of an elementary particle or celestial body and causing it enter a new orbit
- verb - take possession of by force, as after an invasion
- verb - capture as if by hunting, snaring, or trapping
- To take captive, as by force or craft; seize.
- To gain possession or control of, as in a game or contest: capture the queen in chess; captured the liberal vote.
- To attract and hold: tales of adventure that capture the imagination.
- To succeed in preserving in lasting form: capture a likeness in a painting.
- The act of catching, taking, or winning, as by force or skill.
- One that has been seized, caught, or won; a catch or prize.
- The phenomenon in which an atom or a nucleus absorbs a subatomic particle, often with the subsequent emission of radiation.
- verb - to take by force or cunning
There are 7 letters in CAPTURE: A C E P R T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to CAPTURE
Click to search all anagrams of CAPTURE plus a wildcard: CAPTURE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word CAPTURE
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for CAPTURE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.