Scrabble word: CUE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CUE exist?
Definitions of CUE in dictionaries:
- noun - an actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech
- noun - evidence that helps to solve a problem
- noun - a stimulus that provides information about what to do
- noun - sports implement consisting of a tapering rod used to strike a cue ball in pool or billiards
- verb - assist (somebody acting or reciting) by suggesting the next words of something forgotten or imperfectly learned
- A long tapered rod with a leather tip used to strike the cue ball in billiards and pool.
- A long stick with a concave attachment at one end for shoving disks in shuffleboard.
- A queue of hair.
- A line of waiting people or vehicles; a queue.
- To strike with a cue.
- To form a line or queue.
- A signal, such as a word or an action, used to prompt another event in a performance, such as an actor’s speech or entrance, a change in lighting, or a sound effect.
- A reminder or a prompting.
- A hint or suggestion.
- An extract from the music for another part printed, usually in smaller notes, within a performer’s part as a signal to enter after a long rest.
- A gesture by a conductor signaling the entrance of a performer or part.
- A stimulus, either consciously or unconsciously perceived, that elicits or signals a type of behavior.
- One’s assigned role or function.
- A mood; a disposition.
- To give a cue to; signal or prompt.
- To insert or cause to be inserted into the sequence of a performance.
- The letter q.
- verb - to give a signal to an actor