Scrabble word: CURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CURE exist?
Definitions of CURE in dictionaries:
- noun - a medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain
- verb - provide a cure for, make healthy again
- verb - prepare by drying, salting, or chemical processing in order to preserve
- verb - make (substances) hard and improve their usability
- verb - be or become preserved
- Restoration of health; recovery from disease.
- A method or course of medical treatment used to restore health.
- An agent, such as a drug, that restores health; a remedy.
- Something that corrects or relieves a harmful or disturbing situation: The cats proved to be a good cure for our mouse problem.
- Spiritual charge or care, as of a priest for a congregation.
- The office or duties of a curate.
- The act or process of preserving a product.
- To restore to health.
- To effect a recovery from: cure a cold.
- To remove or remedy (something harmful or disturbing): cure an evil.
- To preserve (meat, for example), as by salting, smoking, or aging.
- To prepare, preserve, or finish (a substance) by a chemical or physical process.
- To vulcanize (rubber).
- To effect a cure or recovery: a medicine that cures.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to set right an undesirable or unhealthy condition”: cure an ailing economy; heal a wounded spirit; remedy a structural defect.
- verb - to restore to health