Scrabble word: CURVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CURVE exist?
Definitions of CURVE in dictionaries:
- noun - the trace of a point whose direction of motion changes
- noun - a line on a graph representing data
- noun - a pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approaches the batter
- noun - the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface
- noun - curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
- verb - turn sharply
- verb - extend in curves and turns
- verb - form an arch or curve
- verb - bend or cause to bend
- verb - form a curl, curve, or kink
- A line that deviates from straightness in a smooth, continuous fashion.
- A surface that deviates from planarity in a smooth, continuous fashion.
- Something characterized by such a line or surface, especially a rounded line or contour of the human body.
- A relatively smooth bend in a road or other course.
- A line representing data on a graph.
- A trend derived from or as if from such a graph.
- A graphic representation showing the relative performance of individuals as measured against each other, used especially as a method of grading students in which the assignment of grades is based on predetermined proportions of students.
- The graph of a function on a coordinate plane.
- The intersection of two surfaces in three dimensions.
- A curve ball.
- A trick or deception.
- To cause to curve.
- To pitch a curve ball to.
- To grade (students, for example) on a curve.
- adv - to deviate from straightness [v CURVED, CURVING, CURVES] : CURVEDLY