Scrabble word: CURSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CURSE exist?
Definitions of CURSE in dictionaries:
- noun - profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger
- noun - an appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group
- noun - an evil spell
- noun - something causing misery or death
- noun - a severe affliction
- verb - utter obscenities or profanities
- verb - heap obscenities upon
- verb - wish harm upon
- verb - exclude from a church or a religious community
- An appeal or prayer for evil or misfortune to befall someone or something.
- The evil or misfortune that comes in or as if in response to such an appeal: bewailed the curse of ill health.
- One that is accursed.
- A source or cause of evil; a scourge: “Selfishness is the greatest curse of the human race” (William Ewart Gladstone).
- A profane word or phrase; a swearword.
- A censure, ban, or anathema.
- To invoke evil or misfortune upon; damn.
- To swear at.
- To bring evil upon; afflict: was cursed with crippling arthritis.
- To put under a ban or an anathema; excommunicate.
- verb - to wish evil upon