Scrabble word: SECURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SECURE exist?
Definitions of SECURE in dictionaries:
- verb - get by special effort
- verb - cause to be firmly attached
- verb - assure payment of
- verb - make certain of
- verb - fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug
- verb - furnish with battens
- adj - free from fear or doubt
- adj - free from danger or risk
- adj - not likely to fail or give way
- adj - immune to attack
- adj - financially sound
- Free from danger or attack: a secure fortress.
- Free from risk of loss; safe: Her jewels were secure in the vault.
- Free from the risk of being intercepted or listened to by unauthorized persons: Only one telephone line in the embassy was secure.
- Free from fear, anxiety, or doubt.
- Not likely to fail or give way; stable: a secure stepladder.
- Firmly fastened: a secure lock.
- Reliable; dependable: secure investments.
- Assured; certain: With three goals in the first period they had a secure victory, but somehow they lost.
- Careless or overconfident.
- To guard from danger or risk of loss: The troops secured the area before the civilians were allowed to return.
- To make firm or tight; fasten.
- To make certain; ensure: Despite making several good jokes, he could not secure the goodwill of the audience.
- To guarantee payment of (a loan, for example).
- To guarantee payment to (a creditor).
- To get possession of; acquire: secured a job.
- To capture or confine: They secured the suspect in the squad car.
- To bring about; effect: secured release of the hostages.
- To protect or ensure the privacy or secrecy of (a telephone line, for example).
- adv - free from danger [adj -CURER, -CUREST] : SECURELY
- verb - to make firm or tight