Scrabble word: SOURCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SOURCE exist?
Definitions of SOURCE in dictionaries:
- noun - the place where something begins, where it springs into being
- noun - a document (or organization) from which information is obtained
- noun - anything that provides inspiration for later work
- noun - a facility where something is available
- noun - a person who supplies information
- noun - someone who originates or causes or initiates something
- noun - (technology) a process by which energy or a substance enters a system
- noun - anything (a person or animal or plant or substance) in which an infectious agent normally lives and multiplies
- noun - a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to
- verb - get (a product) from another country or business
- verb - specify the origin of
- The point at which something springs into being or from which it derives or is obtained.
- The point of origin, such as a spring, of a stream or river.
- One that causes, creates, or initiates; a maker.
- One, such as a person or document, that supplies information: A reporter is only as reliable as his or her sources.
- The point or part of a system where energy or mass is added to the system.
- To specify the origin of (a communication); document: The report is thoroughly sourced.
- To obtain parts or materials from another business, country, or locale: They are sourcing from abroad in order to save money.